Department of Engineering Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
hmm... getting close to 20 years ago...

Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » General Chat View previous topic
View next topic
hmm... getting close to 20 years ago...
Gorified
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post hmm... getting close to 20 years ago... Reply with quote
... that we all had nothing better to do than create maps for what was to become one of the most iconic games ever. Anyway, still living the dream, kids are all grown up now (and almost out of College and the house!). Still doing geek stuff for a living but, havent touched my guitar in months! Sad

Anyway, some of you guys I see in game on steam and others, well, probably better things keeping you busy. Still use the [WTF?] tag in Steam. Probably leave it that way forever. Smile

Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:01 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Un_ethical
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Wait a damn minute here! almost 20 years ???... for that to be true that would mean I am close to hitting 50 years old?

*checks birth certificate*

FUCK

I hate you TIME .. and everything you stand for Sad

Myself & EvileDick hang out in discord a _lot_ so if anyone wants to pop by and say or type hi you can .... link is below Smile MoOg pops in from time to time

https://discord.gg/0gjI1PwpjHrkZJZw

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:36 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gorified
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
HA! No kidding man! Time goes by way too fast. My kids are 19 and 21 now. Next step, get them out the house. :p

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
[WTF?]Dr_Bones
Noob
Noob

Post Reply with quote
One day, I decided to shutdown my gaming pc for good. I believe I haven't been on steam in over 3 years or so. Its been a great pleasure of mine getting to game with all of you over the past 20 years or so. After Team Fortress Classic died off, I had good times playing in games that came after TFC with you great members from DOE.

Within the last 10 years;
I remember when UE first started playing Mine Craft, I looked into that game, I decided to make a huge Roller Coaster Map. I uploaded it to YouTube and had quite a few viewers check it out.

Empyre: Thanks for letting me join all you great people at gamersanonymous and allowing me to play on your TFC and Doom Server.

Gori, snowball and huenberry: never got to play with either of you after TFC.

Chemical Burn , Dyne, guardian Owl - we all would play Quake 4. Good times!

MoOg, Evile Dick, UE and A Boojum Snark = Had a great time playing TF2 with you all!!

sHINMA and Pisa, I still occasionally talk to on phone.

If I ever decide to start my gaming rig up again, I'll come join you all where ever you all may be.
Thu May 04, 2017 12:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Empyre
Noob
Noob

Post Reply with quote
My gaming rig will shut down when I die. My TFC server is in Steam now, and I have 2 Doom servers in the Zandronum port, and they have been joined by my UT 2004 server. I'm still mapping, but for Doom, and now I am modding Doom as well.

If I see any of you on any of my servers, it will make my day.

Fri May 05, 2017 2:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dyne
Noob
Noob

Post Reply with quote
It's funny how some of us always happen to find our way back here around the same time. I've been in touch with some of the WTF boys on Steam here and there but you're right it's not readily apparent how much time has passed. It seems like a handful of years ago that I was making half-finished maps and acting like a punk ass teenager on our forums! Some of you guys guided me through my formative years as we talked about much more than just TFC maps and although we have all mostly gone our separate ways, rest assured I reflect on those times often.

I was a shy, nerdy introvert in my late teens and early 20's when I stumbled upon Eric Sunde's Lowlife.com and something just clicked. We connected first through our mutual musical interests but also had been playing with game design in the Quake games right around the time Half-Life was finally released. Eric has of course vanished since then but several of you kept the project going and although I was a punk bitch back then I had been lucky enough to count you as best friends. Although we were a fairly small community we had our fair share of drama but through it all, at the end of the day, we respected each other and came together always. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss that... I have never met such a diverse group of people who could all get along through thick and thin since then.

I used to regret that those days are over but I've come to simply appreciate that I was there for them. Some of our kin will read this, others are long gone. Regardless, I love you all like family and I genuinely appreciate the time we spent together.
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:06 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gorified
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Well put, Dyne! Exclamation

It's funny, it was so long ago but there are a lot of things that I remember in my old age! Wink

One time we were chatting and I told you I lived in Seattle. You then said "Oh, so you must like Nirvana.". haha I was moderately offended by that since I was in no way into grunge at all! Still a death metal fan to this day. Smile

Another time I remember with you, we were testing this dudes map that was a big outdoor area with a gas station. So, when I was playing my mic wasn't working so I couldn't talk. I was just running around killing everyone and you said that it was freaky because I wasn't talking at all and jumping out of nowhere killing everyone. lol

Yeah, those days were amazing. So glad I got to experience all of that.

On a side note, a few years ago my band finally dissolved after 23 years (Im sure there will be 'reunion' shows. Wink ). I couldn't stand not jamming so I was lucky enough to find some good friends to jam with. I play in a band, Disciples of Dissent. They broke up over a year ago and I was part of the 'reformation'. Vids are online. I am in the ones that are 2017 and later. We wear suits onstage too. lmao!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ThRKoBpTY

^^ That was the first show with the new lineup so, we're even better now. Wink

We have a sick show coming up on Oct 10th, opening for Soulfly and Cannabis Corpse. It's going to be insane! \m/

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: