Department of Engineering Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
"Random Run Round" (Beta 1)

Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » Testing Zone View previous topic
View next topic
"Random Run Round" (Beta 1)
TheDarkerSideofYourShadow
Noob
Noob

Post "Random Run Round" (Beta 1) by TheDarkerSideofYour Reply with quote
Random Run Round (Beta 1)
Filesize: 7.21 MB

Author: TheDarkerSideofYourShadow
Game: Half-Life 1
Mod: DM

Comments:

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Snowdog
DOE Administrator
DOE Administrator

Post Reply with quote
In running around the level while double checking it for playability I ran into a TF2 catastrophic crash (completely kills HL2 app) everytime I entered area #2. Just inside the doorway... momentary freeze and BLAM. I've put the map up anyway as it does appear playable but I can't tell if the crash is just my system or if others will be affected.

I did get a number of errors on the server when I started the map. I've saved them and will post them tomorrow for you to take a look at.

EDIT: I can't even load the map without crashing when trying to start a server from within TF2. Are you using custom models or textures from another mod or something odd like that?
Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Snowdog
DOE Administrator
DOE Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Here are the errors kicked out by the dedicated server on map load. They appear to be nothing more than some warnings about collision models and don't prevent the dedicated server from loading the map.
Code:

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/barbedfence_set01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/barbfence001_reference.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/barbfence001_reference.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/barbfence002_reference.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/barbfence002_reference.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/window_industrial01b.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/window_industrial01b.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/wooden_rail01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/corn_plant01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_trainyard/handrailcorner.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_trainyard/handrailcorner.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_spytech/rocket_tower.mdl)
func_regenerate(func_regenerate) has no associated model.

the "func_regenerate(func_regenerate) has no associated model." error keeps popping up on the server console as the map runs. I'm sure it must have something to do with the flag rotation system.
Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Noob
Noob

Post Reply with quote
The model collision is an easy fix, and I thought I had gotten all of those, but obviously not. The func_regenerate error is because I use the lockers, rather than the dynamic medical lockers, as a resuply. I'll change that as well. I shouldn't be using any custom models nor textures, but its possible I do have some textures in there from another mod. I wonder if the issues with point 2 are leaf related, and there are a fair amount of things in there.

I will fix the errors and upload beta2. Also, I'll isolate just the 2nd point and upload that Snow. I'd like you to try just that area and see if you continue to have problems when nothing else is there.
Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Noob
Noob

Post Reply with quote
Okay, fixed the bad models, and the func_regen issues. I went through all my textures, and it turns out that I did have quite a few that were not from TF2 So they were probably from HL2, or either ep, with the exception of two other textures. I've replaced some of them so far, and have about 20 more remaining. Some of them I would really like to not change (the road to the dam, as well as the gravel in the water there, for example), so I'm wondering if there is a compile command for that (I remember using -wadinclude for custom textures way back when).

I did upload a map which has only point 2 and a box that represents the center area. I reduced the number of models at the point, removed 1 texture which wasn't from TF2, and changed some light_spots to just lights. Tell me if you can run that Snow. I also checked it with some bots, and having 20+ fire at once did slow it down some, so I know I'll have more work to do, but never anything like you described.
Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » Testing Zone All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: