Department of Engineering Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
CTF Cap limit/time before return

Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » Mapping : Building & Scripting View previous topic
View next topic
CTF Cap limit/time before return
TheDarkerSideofYourShadow
Noob
Noob

Post CTF Cap limit/time before return Reply with quote
Just wondering, if anyone knows of a way to change the cdap limit per round, and possibly the time after the flag is dropped but before it is returned. I remember these settings used to be in the flags, but I don't see them anymore (though, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places).

Thank you for the help Very Happy
Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Snowdog
DOE Administrator
DOE Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Did a little research for you and decompiled a map (ctf_rugby_v6; author unknown) that controls its own cap limits....

Seems that the first step is to disable the servers automatic cap limits by using the outputs of a logic_auto ent to send some server commands...

(output)|(target)|(target input)|(param)|(Delay)|(once)
OnMapSpawn | servercommand | Command | tf_flag_caps_per_round 0 | 0.00 | No
OnMapSpawn | servercommand | Command | mp_winlimit 0 | 0.00 | No
OnMapSpawn | servercommand | Command | mp_maxrounds 0 | 0.00 | No
OnMultiNewRound | servercommand | Command | tf_flag_caps_per_round 0 | 0.00 | No
OnNewGame | servercommand | Command | tf_flag_caps_per_round 0 | 0.00 | No
OnNewGame | servercommand |Command | mp_winlimit 0 | 0.00 | No
OnNewGame | servercommand | Command | mp_maxrounds 0 | 0.00 | No

This (apparently) will prevent the server from triggering a map-reset or switching to the next map after a capture.

You will need to then use the inputs/outputs of math_counter and logic_compare ents in conjunction with game_end and game_forcerespawn ents to get the proper round/endgame setup you want.

Hope this helps.
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheDarkerSideofYourShadow
Noob
Noob

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much snow. There is no way I would have ever been able to come up with that on my own, heh. I have yet to decide how I want this map to be played, such as if there should be any rounds at all. Again, I'm stuck in the TFC mentality, were flag caps were equal to 10 kills, and games lasted until a map was switched (epicenter and dustbowl being the two official exceptions). Still, knowing that it is possible to change things up so much means I have more options.
Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » Mapping : Building & Scripting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: