Department of Engineering Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The ball starts rolling

Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » General Chat View previous topic
View next topic
The ball starts rolling
Un_ethical
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post The ball starts rolling Reply with quote
These forums are now open. This is the start on the long road to rebuilding the DOE.

Please feel free to sign up, maybe post an introduction & maybe even some thoughts on HalfLife/HalfLife 2/Mods and the upcomming TF2.

I look forward to greeting you all Very Happy

- Un_ethical
Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Blackbird
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
I haven't been gaming much lately (mostly Nintendo DS and Wii), but I'm definitely looking forward to TF2. I probably won't do much in the way of mapping, but I can help with the site and map testing.

Ok, so what's the game plan? We just want to stick with HL2/TF2 and other mods and not branch out to other games, like we did with the original, right?
Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Un_ethical
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
I believe that the DOE would function best when sticking to a specific Game/Editor and supported Mods

Thus HalfLife/HalfLife2 + Mods

If we try to branch out to other Modifiable Games, I think we would be setting ourselves up for a) too much work and b) an unbalanced website, because you & I know the majority of Members will be interested in only HL2 Editing. Basically stick with what we know best Smile

I too cant wait to get to play TF2!
Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gorified
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I aggree about sticking to HL/HL2 +MODS! Very Happy
Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Un_ethical
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
I am pretty sure DOE tried before to branch into other game editors, but it failed due to lack of interest Rolling Eyes
Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BigBadaBoom
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Nice to see this attempt at getting the DoE up and running again!
I haven't toutched WorldCraft/Hammer in ages, but like Blackbird I'll definatly help as much as I can with ideas, the site itself and map testing.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Snowdog
DOE Administrator
DOE Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I agree with sticking with what we know best... HL/HL2 mapping. Delving into the other games didn't work well last time.

Me, my server, and the game-edit.org domain are ready, willing, and able to support any revival of the DoE. In fact, I'm going to tweak the existing site to point to these boards right now.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Un_ethical
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Snowdog wrote:
Me, my server, and the game-edit.org domain are ready, willing, and able to support any revival of the DoE. In fact, I'm going to tweak the existing site to point to these boards right now.

yes I think we need to move these forums over if possible Smile
Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gorified
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Hey BigBadaBoom! How have you been? Good to see a bunch of you guys around again! Smile

So far with Snowy, UE, Rich, JoNaS, SuperDude, Huen, Lurker, Defrag, etc... around, this is already starting to feel like "the old days". (Sorry for the old school names, I know how Richilieu (sp?) hated being called "Rich") Very Happy

Last edited by Gorified on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Un_ethical
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Take a look down to the [WTF?] Forums Gori, we have a MIA list going Wink
Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Snowdog
DOE Administrator
DOE Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Well it appears at least 30-40% of the [WTF?] crew is still in touch... how many clans can boast that after god... almost a decade?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:22 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Un_ethical
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
Snowdog wrote:
Well it appears at least 30-40% of the [WTF?] crew is still in touch... how many clans can boast that after god... almost a decade?

None! .... because Clan [WTF?] > any other clan Very Happy
Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gorified
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
No kidding Snowdog! I guess the old saying holds true..."Once a fucker, always a fucker!" Smile
Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sHINMA
Clan [WTF?] Member
Clan [WTF?] Member

Post Reply with quote
/em wags cane
Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Department of Engineering Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: